The Red Dragon Inn 5: The Character Trove is a fast-paced, light-hearted card game for two or more players. You and your increasingly mighty party of adventuring companions have spent all day slogging through the dungeon, killing monsters and taking their stuff. Now you’re back in town, healed up, cleaned up, and ready to party at the Red Dragon Inn. Drink, gamble, and roughhouse with your friends. But don’t forget to keep an eye on your gold. If you run out, you’ll have to spend the night in the stables. Oh… and try not to get too beaten up or too drunk. If you black out, your friends will continue the party without you… after they loot your body for gold, of course! The last conscious adventurer with gold wins the game!
The Red Dragon Inn 5: The Character Trove is a standalone game for 2-4 players. It expands on “The Red Dragon Inn” family of box sets and single-character expansions called Allies. You can mix and match characters from any of these sets, letting you build the party composition of your choice! Each of the box sets includes four unique characters, a drink deck, gold pieces, and all the parts for 2-4 players to play right out of the box. Each of the Allies expansions includes a character deck as well as gold pieces and bits so you can add another character to a box set (thus making a 2-4 player collection playable by 2-5 players).
Sera the Fleetfooted: Sera is a stealthy rogue whose speed and agility allow her to take down roomfuls of bad guys before they even know what’s happening. The dungeon’s beefiest monsters are no match for her flying daggers! She didn’t get so skilled by slacking off, though. Even while she’s partying, she continues training to make sure she’s always at the top of her game.
- The Good: She hones her skills by sparring with her friends.
- The Bad: Sometimes she does this without warning them first…
Lizwick the Collector: Lizwick is a consummate problem solver with an unrivaled collection of gear. Her wondrous Bag of Holding contains rare and peculiar items of all descriptions. She is always on the lookout for the next amazing whatchamacallit to add to her collection. Lizwick has gotten The Party out of many a jam with the clever application of the wrong tool at the right time.
- The Good: Lizwick’s collection is the envy of academies, guilds and hoarders alike!
- The Bad: …and they’d like their stuff back.
Joran the Trickster: Joran’s penchant for pranks earned him a student “sabbatical” from the Mage’s Collegium. Fortunately, Zot saw some potential in the boy, and decided to take him adventuring for some valuable field experience. The young mage’s humor has proven to be mostly harmless to his new friends. He puts his clever brain to good use by pulling fast ones on the bad guys.
- The Good: Joran’s talent for misdirection makes him the perfect weapon against enemy spell-casters.
- The Bad: It also makes him the perfect weapon against his friends’ gold, their sobriety, their patience…
Zakhan the Drunken Master: Zakhan’s father is a solemn elven noble and a guru of meditative martial combat techniques. His mother was a rowdy barbarian warchief with a penchant for throwing wild parties. This unique heritage has allowed Zakhan to hone a seemingly reckless hybrid fighting style of his own. His opponents who underestimate his “drunken” martial arts do so at their own peril!
- The Good: Zakhan’s drunken fighting techniques make him a formidable foe.
- The Bad: Sometimes he’s actually just drunk.
But wait, there’s more! The Red Dragon Inn 5: The Character Trove is also a massive storage solution for all previous sets (with room for more). You get a massive storage box plus dividers, new play mats for all previously released characters, updated tokens and more! Check it out:
- 6 Unique Decks (4 40-card Character Decks, 1 18-card Item Deck, 1 30-card Drink Deck)
- 29 Character-specific Player Mats (with replacements for all previous sets!)
- 35 Cardboard Deck Dividers
- 1 Cardboard Chi Marker
- 4 Glass Fortitude Markers
- 4 Glass Alcohol Content Markers
- 9 Remastered Cardboard Fortitude Markers
- 9 Remastered Cardboard Alcohol Content Markers
- 55 Remastered Gold Coin Tokens
- 9 New Platinum Coin Tokens
- 10 Foam Spacer Blocks
- 2 Cloth Drawstring Bags
- Ziptop Baggies
- Rules for playing The Red Dragon Inn